Friday, August 21, 2015

Shortly about movies and love

This text was supposed to be about a movie. Then I started writing about other movies. Then I moved on to the subject of true love. Then I checked what I wrote and cut off half the bullshit. Then I wrote some more. Honestly, the final text is completely off-topic, but I think it serves its purpose nevertheless. Please enjoy and if you have any questions or comments, leave them here.
This text is also Here.
This week I saw this movie, and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Absolutely blew my mind. However, I couldn't help it, and I noticed that this movie followed some simple pre-established pattern. I saw it before, I am certain I will see it later. What is the pattern? There is a girl and there is a guy. One of them is a terrible person, lying/cheating/whatever, the other one magically falls in love, because there is something about that other person. There are kisses, and sex, and breaking up, and coming back together, and talking, and probably a million different things who are the attempt to make those movies different from each other. Those movies always end with both of them living happily ever after...

Why do I think there is a pattern? Let's look on the other examples. "Awkward Moment" involved three guys, sleeping with virtually everything that is alive and moving. At the end, all three of them are in serious relationships, with girls they love... "Edward Scissorhands" kind of followed with her falling in love, but at the end he had to run away... Yet he never stopped loving her, and she always missed him. Damn! Even "Wall-E" was a part of that pattern - he fell in love with her immediately, she did not. How it ended? Them living happily ever after, back on Earth, with all humans. There is more, "Love Actually," "Aloha," "Focus," "About Time," "Silver Lining" and many more...

The movie I talking about was all about one night stand between him and her, and he was so funny, and she was pretty and kind of smart... without any spoilers, they are living happily ever after, in love, together, and stuff. Why do I even talk about it? Because that made me sad. It's already second day after I watched it and I'm still sad. Why? She was pretty. She was funny. She was smart. She was... I don't know. She seemed, and still seems, perfect. But it's only a movie. In real life something even remotely close to this scenario cannot happen...

What happens in real life is something not spectacular. It's something simple, slow, tiring. It's just like in an old Polish movie: "I met my Mariolka in the library" (Mariolka is a Polish name btw). You don't find your one true love in a club. You don't find your one true love in a brothel. You don't find your one true love in a slaughterhouse. You find your one true love doing something you like, and meeting something who likes doing the same... and who likes doing it when you're around...

Or maybe I'm wrong...?

No comments:

Post a Comment